Why do homeowners or landlords need a Gas Safety Record?
As a landlord, you are responsible for the gas safety of your tenants. You must ensure that all gas appliances are working correctly and safely.
Therefore, every rental property that has any sort of gas appliance, whether it be a gas boiler, gas hob or even a gas fire, requires a Gas Safety Certificate. These certificates can only be issued by a technician registered with the Gas Safe Register. All our engineers are registered with the Gas Safe Register.
The Gas Safe Register superseded CORGI (Council for Registered Gas Installers) as the sole legally recognised gas safety register in the UK on 1st April 2009. Gas Certificates are valid for a year from the date they are issued.
How do you get a landlord gas safety certificate?
Landlord Safety Certificate can help you make sure that your leased properties comply with all gas safety regulations. Our Gas Safe Engineers will provide you with a gas safety certificate upon the completion of a series of tests.
A gas safety check generally involves:
- Visually inspecting all gas appliances, pipework, and flues to identify any problems or potential problems
- Checking to make sure that all necessary ventilation is provided
- Testing flue flow to make sure combustible materials are removed
- Checking that all flame failure devices are operating correctly
- Checking for evidence of unsafe operation